HomeRight is a brand that is synonymous with high-quality products for DIY homeowners and tradesmen. All HomeRight products are ISO9000 certified and have a two-year guarantee to give you peace of mind. The most popular products that the brand offers are paint sprayers—providing a quick way to paint a variety of walls, fences, and furniture.
Why I Recommend Using A HomeRight Paint Sprayers
A HomeRight paint sprayer lays down a fine, quality finish with minimal overspray by providing a quick application without the need for brushes or rollers.
When using a HomeRight paint gun to up refurbish cabinets and small furniture you can achieve a factory-like finish with minimal effort.
Larger projects can be helped with the use of larger HomeRight models, such as the Power Flo Pro as they can handle 5 gallons of paint at a time.
HomeRight Finish Max C800766
HomeRight Power Flo Pro
3.7 / 5
4.2 / 5
3.9 / 5
|Max Flow Rate||0.07 gallons per minute||0.07 gallons per minute||0.24 gallons per minute|
|Power||400 watts||450 watts||1200 watts|
|Tip Spray||2.0 mm||4.0 mm||0.15 mm|
|Capacity||27 ounces||40 ounces||800 ounces|
|Bottom Line||It is suitable for keen crafters and furniture up-cyclers and for DIY homeowners.||It is built for DIY homeowners wanting to paint smaller rooms||It is ideal for tradesman and DIY homeowners|
3 Best HomeRight Paint Sprayers Detailed Review
1HomeRight Finish Max C800766, C900076 HVLP Paint Sprayer
The HomeRight Finish Max paint gun is a versatile tool that is ideal for a variety of home projects.
We love the design of this HomeRight spray gun as it fits snuggly into your hands and is easy to move around while completing intricate projects.
The flow control knob allows you to control the volume of paint leaving the sprayer which minimizes wastage.
HVLP sprayers work by using a high volume of air at a low pressure which atomizes the paint that you are applying.
Most paint sprayers use plastic nozzles and tips which can wear away easily but this model has a brass tip which will last much longer.
We tried to use chalk paint with this spray gun and the finish was not as good as the nozzle clogged up a number of times. For thicker paints, it is recommended that you thin before use, but this may not always be possible.
- Easy set up so is great for beginners
- Ideal for small projects such as furniture, crafts, and cabinets
- 3 spray patterns make it easy to achieve the finish you need on each surface
- Works with many materials including latex and acrylic
- Not suitable for large jobs
- The cord is not very long so you cannot move about lots
- Does not work well with thicker paints and textured paints
This model is ideal for keen crafters and furniture up-cyclers and for DIY homeowners.
2HomeRight Power Flo Pro 2800 C800879 Airless Paint Sprayer
A great paint sprayer for projects of all sizes. The Flo Pro can take 5 gallons of paint at a time and with a 2800 psi spray, large surfaces can be covered in a matter of hours.
We tried this heavy duty model on a very uneven surface and the results were very impressive. The control knob is easy to use and allows for the user to alter the pressure as they go along to adjust to any lumps and bumps.
The 100-mesh spray gun filter means that the Power Flo Pro lives up to its name. The 1/2 HP motor means that paint does not need to be thinned before use, so this model is are at choice if you often work with textured paints.
If you are used to working with paint sprayers then this HomeRight paint gun will be very efficient with the paint but do take care if you are a novice. The seal on the container is quite thin and is prone to leakage if the sprayer is not handled correctly.
- Covers large areas
- Has a 25 ft hose which means high walls and fences can be reached
- Comes with a full operating manual with instructions on a variety of projects
- A 515 Reversible Spray Tip is great for latex paint
- The packaging of the product is not the best so check for any damage before use
- This model comes with only one filter so you will need to buy coarser filters, especially if using latex regularly.
Tradesman and DIY homeowners will achieve a professional finish with this model. At approximately $200 entry level users cannot go wrong with this model either.
Read more: 5 Best Paint Sprayers For Furniture
3HomeRight C800971.A Super Finish Max Extra Power HVLP Painter
With an adjustable volume control knob to change spray pattern from 1” to 12” wide, the Super Finish Max does exactly what it says on the tin. A great spray painter for a variety of jobs, whether it be walls or furniture.
We really like how diverse this paint gun is as it can work with lacquers and oils as well as chalk paints and texture paints.
The designed pickup tube and cup vent is a nice feature as it allows for less wastage and overspray.
We did find that paint sprayed on thinly with this model so 3-4 coats will be needed on some surfaces.
Overall this is a good budget paint sprayer from HomeRight and while not as durable as some other models you will get a lot of bang for your buck.
- Paint thinning is not required for most paints
- 6 available spray tips available with 3 included (1.5 mm, 2.0 mm and 4.0 mm) with paint sprayer
- Tips and filters can be tricky to clean
- You may need to clean nozzle as you go with thicker paints
Ideal for DIY homeowners wanting to paint smaller rooms. A good all-rounder for those with multiple projects in mind.
HomeRight Finish Max C800766, C900076 HVLP Paint Sprayer
The HomeRight Finish Max is the ideal entry-level paint sprayer that offers great value for money. DIY paint sprayers are most often used for home projects such as furniture renovation and small rooms and with such a great ability to control this gun, you cannot really go wrong no matter how intricate the job.
If you are investing in a HomeRight paint sprayer you should consider the following safety guidelines. These guidelines will ensure that you get a professional finish and do not put yourself in danger.
- Check that you have everything that you need before you begin. This will save time and you will be less likely to make errors
- Always follow guidelines on paints and solvents, especially hot materials
- Ensure that you use the correct sized nozzle to avoid overspray
- When spraying chairs and furniture always spray upside down first for a better finish
- Apply thin layers of paint (usually 3) so that paint does not sag
- If you have asthma or skin conditions do not carry out work without wearing a mask and protective clothing
- While paint sprayers save time do not be tempted to rush as you will make mistakes
- Don’t overload the container as you will waste paint and create a mess
If you a keen DIY enthusiast or you like to up-cycle tired furniture, investing in a HomeRight paint sprayer will bring you a lot of satisfaction. We are impressed by all three of the featured HomeRight paint guns as they offer something for everyone.
As long as you follow the guidelines of both the sprayer and the paint then you should encounter few problems. Issues with leakage and uneven finishes will be minimized through practice and you are sure to get many years out of whatever paint sprayer you choose to by.